If you need a proven collection call script to get your invoices paid on time, your search is over…
This call script strategy is tried and tested. It has been proven to work brilliantly time and time again. Follow this simple call script strategy to help you make sure that overdue invoices are a thing of the past.
There are lots of reasons why we are hesitant about asking customers for payment, but with the right tools and scripts, it’s really easy and effective
Making collection calls: 4 Rules
- Check that the customer’s order has been fulfilled before you ask for payment.
- The focus of this collection call script is to collect payment of invoices by the due date AND to build a strong relationship with the customer at the same time.
- Use a ‘World Class’ customer service approach on every interaction with your customer. Good service is rare. Customers will appreciate it.
- Ask ‘Open’ questions to find the information that you want. ‘Open’ questions start with Who? What? When? Where? and How?
Making collection calls – ‘Do’s’
Make a ‘Courtesy Call’ before the invoice is due. If there’s anything missing or any errors, you get the opportunity to fix them before the invoice is due for payment:
- Introduce yourself, explain why you are calling and if you don’t already know, find out who it is that you need to speak to.
- When you find the right person, ask them to confirm receipt of the goods/service and if their order is complete now?
- If the customer raises a query, resolve it quickly.
- Keep the customer up to date with the query resolution process.
- Keep control of the process. As soon as the query is resolved, you can ask the customer for payment.
A ‘Courtesy Call’ is an ‘Insider Secret’. Not many people know this very effective way to get invoices paid on time.
Making a call before the invoice is due for payment (a courtesy call) is an ‘Insider Secret’. Not many people know this simple but very effective way to get invoices paid on time.
If you make ‘courtesy calls’, over time, you won’t need to make so many collection calls. You’ll save time, have strong cash flow and less stress.
Making collection calls – ‘Don’ts’
- Don’t get upset or frustrated. It doesn’t achieve anything.
- Don’t treat your customer as the enemy. They are your customer.
- Don’t launch into asking for payment before you confirm that the customer is totally satisfied.
- Don’t stop controlling the query resolution process even if you have to involve others. Manage the process, so it gets resolved as quickly as possible.
Collection call script success
- Remember to thank people. People like to be thanked, and it helps build a relationship.
- Use ‘Open’ questions whenever you can. It’s a really good way to get the information you want.
- For the best chance of collections success, make sure your invoices are right.
- Use the ‘Courtesy Call’ to find out early if there is a problem that might delay payment.
- Resolve queries fast. When the query is resolved, there’s no excuse not to pay.
- Keep in touch while you resolve the issue, and when it’s done, you can ask for your payment.
When you start to follow a collection call script, collecting overdue invoices will be a thing of the past. Your customer will like your customer service focus.
A reminder: this is a friendly collection call script which won’t upset your customer. It’s proven. It worked in my small business and it will work in yours.
This call script gets your invoices paid on time AND builds strong business relationships which can mean repeat business and referrals.
To your business success!